This post is sponsored by Celestial Seasonings but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Fall is officially here, despite what the Arizona desert says! We may still be in triple figure temperatures here in Phoenix but that doesn’t stop us getting into the spirit of Fall. I may not be able to break out the sweaters but I can get my pumpkin spice on, and today I’m matching a pair made in heaven for the perfect fall flavor tea break.
Baking is my favorite kitchen endeavor… cooking family meals is all good and well, but the indulgence of a sweet treat with an afternoon cup of tea is the best! Being English, tea is pretty much life, and when I came across the selection of herbal teas from Celestial Seasonings, I knew I had to find a recipe I could match to the awesome Fall flavor of their Vermont Maple Ginger. Bring on the pumpkin spiced scones, recipe below!
Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea
Celestial Seasonings make a wide range of teas, and I picked up three of them for the Fall season… Honey Vanilla Chamomile, Vermont Maple Ginger, and Sleepytime which is perfect for a soothing evening cuppa. The flavor combos are amazing and they are a great price too!
Celestial Seasonings tea is dedicated to sustainability and they’ve made a fab effort to reduce waste with their stringless bags and minimal packaging. They carefully source their ingredients for the best quality herbal ingredients and their tea really is a hidden gem in Walmart. Keep your eye out for them in the coffee/tea aisle or buy online.
Pumpkin Spiced Scone Recipe
When I brewed my Celestial Seasonings’ Vermont Maple Ginger tea, I instantly thought of pumpkin spice. It has such a fabulous smell, I knew it was perfect for my fall flavor tea break. All I needed now was some pumpkin spiced scones to go with!
Pumpkin Spiced Scones Ingredients:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled or frozen
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbs milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Spiced Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbs milk
Pumpkin Spiced Scones Method:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar and spices. Mix until combined.
- Cube cold butter (or grate from the freezer) and add to the dry mix. Using your hands, combine until you have crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg with a whisk and add the pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin mix to the flour mix and fold together to make a dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a 1 inch thickness and cut into triangles.
- Bake on the lined tray for 12 minutes. Cool before glazing.
- To glaze, mix all ingredients in a bowl and add to a piping bag. Decorate in a zig-zag motion.
I’m definitely feeling in the zone for Fall. I’m hoping by creating this Fall flavor tea break it’s going to act as a desert rain dance and we’ll see a break in the weather soon. In the meantime I’m working my way through my stash of Celestial Seasonings tea, don’t forget to pick yours up at Walmart.
And if you’re looking for another recipe to accompany your tea, try my dairy-free coconut carrot muffins!
Leave a Comment